The following hotels and campgrounds are among those within reasonable driving distance:
Looking for things to do before or after the ride? Check out these local attractions:
- American Players Theatre
- Appleberry Farm
- Blue Mound State Park (of course!) is on the tallest hill in southern Wisconsin, about 25 miles west of Madison. The
1,153-acrepark is a popular place for swimming, hiking, camping, cross-countryskiing, mountain biking (both double and single track), and finding peace and solitude.
- Botham Vineyards and Winery
- Brigham County Park
- Cave of the Mounds
- Deer Valley Golf Course
- Donald County Park
- Folklore Village
- Gonstead Chiropractic Clinic
- Governor Dodge State Park
- The House on the Rock
- Military Ridge State Trail – This
40-milestate trail, in Iowa and Dane counties, connects Dodgeville and Madison via the communities of Ridgeway, Barneveld, Blue Mounds, Mount Horeb, Riley, Klevenville, and Verona.
- Mount Horeb Family Aquatic Center – Features a
35-meterpool, zero-depthbaby pool, water slide, wet sand play area, and grass decks.
- Stewart Lake County Park – Within this
191-acrepark is Stewart Lake, an artificial lake on a spring-fedtributary of Blue Mound Creek. The lake offers a challenge for trout and bass fishing. Recreational facilities include picnic shelters, beach, play equipment, and cross-country ski and hiking trails. Gas motors are not allowed on Stewart Lake. (Electric motors are permitted.)
- Tyrol Basin Ski and Snowboard Area
- Wollersheim Winery
- Yellowstone Lake State Park