The following hotels and campgrounds are among those within reasonable driving distance:
Looking for things to do before or after the ride? Check out these local attractions:
- American Players Theatre
- Apple Berry Farm
- Blue Mound State Park (of course!) is on the tallest hill in southern Wisconsin, about 25 miles west of Madison. The 1,153-acre park is a popular place for swimming, hiking, camping, cross-country skiing, mountain biking (both double and single track), and finding peace and solitude.
- Botham Vineyards and Winery
- Brigham Park
- Cave of the Mounds
- Deer Valley Golf Course
- Donald Park
- Folklore Village
- Gonstead Chiropractic Clinic
- Governor Dodge State Park
- House on the Rock
- Military Ridge Bike Trail – This 40-mile state trail, in Iowa and Dane counties, connects Dodgeville and Madison via the communities of Ridgeway, Barneveld, Blue Mounds, Mount Horeb, Riley, Klevenville, and Verona.
- Mount Horeb: Antique Shopping
- Mount Horeb Family Aquatic Center – Features a 35-meter pool, zero-depth baby pool, water slide, wet sand play area, and grass decks.
- Stewart Park – Within this 191-acre park is Stewart Lake, an artificial lake on a spring-fed tributary of Blue Mound Creek. The lake offers a challenge for trout and bass fishing. Recreational facilities include picnic shelters, beach, play equipment, and cross-country ski and hiking trails. Gas motors are not allowed on Stewart Lake. (Electric motors are permitted.)
- Tyrol Basin Ski Resort
- Wollersheim Winery
- Yellowstone Lake State Park